Hogan Lovells partner Harriet Pearson, whose in-house corporate experience prior to joining the firm included human resources leadership roles, contributed to a memorandum published on May 13 by the HR Policy Association, the lead public policy organization representing chief human resources officers of the largest employers in the United States.
The memorandum provides an overview of the key laws and issues each present relevant to return to workplace efforts, including the following laws:
- Occupational Safety and Health Act
- National Labor Relations Act
- Fair Labor Standards Act & State Compensation Laws
- Workers’ Compensation
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Title VII
- Federal Family and Medical Leave Act
- Privacy Laws (such as the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act, and Illinois Biometric Privacy Act)
- Employee Retirement Income Security Act
- State and Local Scheduling Laws
To read the memorandum, click here.
Authored by Harriet Pearson