In the second in a new series of podcasts from the IPMT team at Hogan Lovells on current IP topics, Clare Matheson, Senior Associate and Peter Elkin, Associate in London, discuss the impact of Brexit on the UK trade mark and anti-counterfeiting systems, focussing on issues arising from the creation of UK comparable marks.
In this short podcast, Clare Matheson and Peter Elkin discuss:
- The upcoming 30 September 2021 deadline for (1) filing UK comparable rights based on pending EU marks and (2) filling bulk change of representative's submissions.
- Issues regarding the use and validity of UK comparable rights.
- Changes to the UK anti-counterfeiting system.
- The impact of the recent SkyKick Court of Appeal decision on UK trade mark law and practice.
Click here to listen.
Watch this space for more podcasts in this series!
On 29 September, the Hogan Lovells Brands and Copyright Group is delighted to be hosting a breakfast seminar in London: ‘Practical guidance on what the SkyKick decision means for brand owners’. The session will cover:
- What is the outcome of the important Court of Appeal decision in Sky v SkyKick from 26 July?
- What does it mean for the filing strategies of brand owners in future – both in the UK and EU?
- What impact will it have upon enforcement and in litigation for brand owners and for challenges by third parties?
For additional information, please contact Events.UK@hoganlovells.com.