The topics covered in the newsletter of October 2022 provide an overview of key developments in equity capital markets, financial services regulation and data protection, which include, amongst others:
Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Limited welcomes Asia's first crypto asset Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs)
- Consultation paper on expanding paperless listing regime.
- Consultation on enhancing regulation of crowdfunding activities.
- Consultation on establishing policy holders' protection scheme.
- First sentencing decision on the new doxxing offence.
- PCPD published an investigation report on two personal data breach incidents of the Registration and Electoral Office.
Please click here to view the full newsletter publication.
Authored by the Hong Kong Corporate and Regulatory team.