The topics covered in the newsletter of February 2022 provide an overview of key developments in equity capital markets, financial services regulation and data protection, which include, amongst others:
- The Stock Exchange of Hong Kong updates Frequently Asked Questions on joint statement in relation to results announcement and general meetings.
- The Securities and Futures Commission consults on implementation details of proposal to regulate trustees and custodians of public funds.
- The Hong Kong Monetary Authority publishes circular on the launch of Greater Bay Area fintech pilot trial facility.
- The Insurance Authority welcomes the China Banking and Insurance Regulatory Commission to regularize preferential treatment for the Hong Kong insurance industry.
- The Securities and Futures Commission publishes supplemental circular on streamlined requirements for eligible exchange traded funds adopting a master-feeder structure.
Please click here to read the full newsletter.
Authored by the Hong Kong Corporate and Regulatory team.