The recent Law Decree No. 24/2022 (available, here, in Italian), entered into force on 25th March 2022 (the “Decree”), updates some employment related anti-Covid-19 measures in light of the termination of the Covid-19 emergency period, occurred on last 31st March 2022.
In particular, the Decree provides:
- extension until 30th June 2022 of the so called “simplified agile work”. Employers can continue to let employees working remotely without the execution of an individual agreement and without new formal communication to the Ministry of Labour;
- extension until 30th June 2022 of the extraordinary health surveillance for fragile employees. Employees who have a certificate attesting their fragility status (immunodepression, oncological issues) continue being subject to a more careful health surveillance;
- need of "Green Pass" to access workplace extended until 30th April 2022. Green Pass (i.e. the pass obtainable by (i) recover from Covid-19; (ii) Covid-19 vaccination; and (iii) Covid-19 negative-test) instead of the “Super” Green Pass (obtainable only through (i) recovery from Covid-19 and (ii) Covid-19 vaccination) will be still mandatory to access the workplace for all employees. Such measure is also applicable to employees aged 50 or more, although they are still subject to the mandatory vaccination provided by law;
- workers aged 50 (or more) can access workplace with the Green Pass until 30th April 2022. It is no longer mandatory for such workers to have the "Super" Green Pass to access workplace;
- no need to wear FFP2 masks at workplace. Starting from 1st April 2022, employees can wear surgical masks at workplace.
Authored by Vittorio Moresco, Francesca Lauro and Elena Pellicano.