Find trademark proceedings in a particular country or region, neatly divided into the following areas:
- First-to use / First-to-file: This new section is now live, helping you to track where the 'First-to-use' principle is applied, as opposed to the 'First-to-file' principle.
- International treaty membership (Paris Convention / Madrid Protocol)
- Application requirements (Multi/single class system for goods and services)
- Examination proceedings (Examination of prior marks, distinctiveness, Letters of consent and average handling times).
- Opposition proceedings (Calculation of the opposition period)
- Cancellation proceedings (Calculation of the non-use period, and finding where non-use is handled - by the IPO, in court or elsewhere.)
- Renewal (Calculation of the renewal terms and grace periods)
If you need further information, our team is listed in the Contacts section, and can also be filtered by jurisdiction.
This option enables you to compare trademark system requirements of one or more countries/regions. Select 'Compare', then choose your questions of interest and the relevant countries/regions.
The country/region report or comparison report are displayed on our platform and can also be downloaded.
Access the TM111 guide
Please access our TM111 guide via the link to the right of this text, under Related Materials or access the Comparative guides section of Engage.
Authored by Hogan Lovells TM111 team