The topics covered in the newsletter of this month provide an overview of key developments in equity capital markets, financial services regulation and data protection, which include, amongst others:
- The Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Limited sought views on reforms to enhance listing regime for overseas issuers.
- Legislative amendments for implementation of uncertificated securities market regime and enhancement of over-the-counter derivative regulatory regime gazette.
- Enhanced licensing conditions for licensed money lenders.
- Enhanced Currency Conversion Arrangement Involving Onshore RMB under Northbound Bond Connect.
- Privacy Commissioner calls for greater vigilance in relation to phishing emails or messages issued by bogus government departments or banks.
Please click here to read the full newsletter.
Authored by the Hong Kong Corporate and Regulatory team.