The topics covered in the newsletter of this month provide an overview of key developments in equity capital markets, financial services regulation, and data protection, which include, amongst others:
- HKEx publishes consultation paper on SPAC and seeks market feedback during consultation period.
- HKEx publishes e-Learning materials on continuing obligations of a listed issuer.
- Government welcomes passage of Securities and Futures (Amendment) Bill 2021 and Limited Partnership Fund and Business Registration Legislation (Amendment) Bill 2021.
- Publication by the International Swaps and Derivatives Association, Inc. (ISDA) of a Hong Kong Jurisdictional Module to the ISDA Resolution Stay Jurisdictional Modular Protocol.
- Official launch of the Southbound Trading under Bond Connect.
- Implementation arrangements for the Cross-boundary Wealth Management Connect Pilot Scheme in the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area.
- IA signs MOU on Fintech Co-operation with the China Banking and Insurance Regulatory Commission and the Monetary Authority of Macao.
Please click here to read the full newsletter.
Authored by the Hong Kong Corporate and Regulatory team.